Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Off to the beach!

I'm last minute packing for a much needed long weekend away at the beach in CA!! We really can't afford it, but we exchanged our timeshare about 8 months ago so it's been paid for. ARGH - don't get me started on the timeshare thing! Do any of you own one? It's been a great way for us to take trips we otherwise wouldn't be able to, but the fees, and more fees are killing us! This place has a full kitchen so I'm bringing stuff from home and we'll bbq on our patio each night. All we plan to do is play at the beach and and the pool - FREE! And maybe get some long walks in too. I can't wait.

Hubby has been traveling so much lately, so this time away as a family will be nice. I'm tired, but I know he's exhausted! He just got in at 9 tonight from Texas and has been working 19 hour days 6 days straight. He's been there since last week helping his company deal with the hurricane aftermath. I know he really would just like to relax at home, but once he smells the ocean (I so miss that smell) I know he'll feel right at home.

Enjoy your weekend! I'll post beach pics when I return. =)

No comments: